Friday, April 11, 2008

A Neice Turns 18


Something about a birthday, a special birthday. Like turning 18 for example. Can you remember what that felt like? Just a flicker in your mind?

Well, one of my neices turns 18 today, and she really has her life on track. A senior in a New England high school, she's in the school band, and she's interested in chemistry and forensics. Plus, she's a kind human being.

Marge Helgenberger move over! This teen is ready to make her mark on the world. She's smart, beautiful, and a young woman who knows what she wants.

It's serious stuff turning 18. Here's wishing her the best ever!

2 comments:

  1. Eighteen is truly a magical age. I became my parent's unruly "child" at that time.
    Now, our oldest granddaughter will be 18 in August. She looked beautiful at her prom Saturday night. June is graduation from H.S. She does beautiful pottery work, plays the flute, is a leader in the Girl Scouts, takes part in everything.
    A daughter/graddaughter anyone would be proud of. The world is truly hers as she thinks about higher education.
    You're right--this is serious stuff. Good luck to both of them. They already know more than we did at that age.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judith, thanks for your comment re the graduate. Did I ever respond? Sorry if my technical understanding of the blogosphere messes up my human contacts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate it. I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Peace, Meredith