Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Made of Sand . . .


I took this photo in 2005, the first time I visited Cabo San Lucas near a place called Land's End at the tip of the Baja Peninsula.

After looking at the stone for a long time, I realized I had never seen anything like this formation ever before. It meant something. I just didn't know what.

Maybe a family who lived in the sea found themselves on shore one morning all stuck together and melting in the sun. 

Or maybe a child created this sand sculpture from memory. His mother and father enfolding him between their bodies. His own body remembered what they felt like, that last time he was with them. A feeling he could make with his hands but not with his words. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate it. I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Peace, Meredith