Friday, July 13, 2007

Lemur Appreciation Society of America


Dear Ones,

I wanted to let you know about LASOA, the Lemur Appreciation Society of America.

A fledgling group of concerned lovers of these leaping tree creatures, LASOA started up a couple of years ago when a couple of local writers had been working way too hard.

And right now, we still have the same number of members as we did in the beginning -- three. The President, me (Meredith), the Vice President, Rebecca, and of course you, Pondling, in absentia.

When I think of lemurs I think of you, although your tail is not quite so curly, is it?

These LASOA leaders are not to be confused with the actual presidents or vice presidents of any first world or third world countries.

Sadly, no one I know is sure there really is a second world. But I expect wherever it might be, you'll find it stuck between two shifting continental plates about a mile underground.

1 comment:

  1. I think lemur lovers may get a kick out of this song called "lemurball"

    you can hear it here

    www.myspace.com/wearemoonbats

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate it. I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Peace, Meredith