Friday, July 13, 2007

A Conundrum: What's in a Name?

Dear Pondling,

I know and you know that a title can't be "owned" by anyone, but I was dismayed to find "Thoughts from the Pond" is the title of an inspirational Web site that belongs to a Mr. Williams, from Jacksonville, Florida.

So, dear Pondling, we have to change the name of our blog. You'll probably find it annoying in that way you do, but we must.

Sure, I've been Christian -- Baptist, Methodist (see previous blog), Catholic (stories to come) -- but I don't see us affiliated with Mr. Williams. Nope, that will never happen.

And, since our blog is only a few weeks old, it's really not a problem to try something new. Especially this, Dear Pondling.

It's easier to talk directly to you this way . . . in the way that clairvoyants channel universal white light . . .

In the way that animals sense a coming storm.

In the way that a partner knows what her lover is thinking before she even thinks it.

You'll type and I'll tell the story. And our friends will be amused.

That's one way it might be.

For you see, dear Pondling, this is the place for stories that stretch the truth like taffy and conjure magic as wild and wonderful as Harry Potter and his friends.


Why not! It's Friday!

It's too bad you've never worked a day in your life, Pondling. Really, in a way it's kind of fun.

Talk to you tomorrow. Have a great evening. May the spirits dance in your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate it. I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Peace, Meredith