Monday, June 23, 2008

Across the Street, Over the Rainbow

All the world is crisp and shiny outside the window at work this evening. A double rainbow arching over White Flint Mall . . .

I guess the message is: If you don't go to Nature, Nature comes to you. Right at your desk.

The stormtrack that ended with the rainbow flourish is still moving across the sky with thunderheads and rain off in the distance. Behind it is clear blue sky.

Driving down Sligo Creek Parkway this morning, I noticed the family of wild geese guarding their youngsters as they munched away at yummy things in the grass by the side of the road. The adolecents lost all their fuzz and now look like miniatures of their parents.

I hope it all goes well for them when they set out back to Canada (although I've heard that many don't even bother anymore because of global warming).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate it. I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Peace, Meredith